Tuesday, July 13, 2010

DIY: Summer Bobby Pins


This button that was attached to the clasp of the necklace

The ribbon from my Aritzia purchase

This gorgeous turquoise bead

My favorite: the red butterfly bead :)


Recently, one of my necklaces broke, leaving me with many interesting and cute beads. I was so sad when the necklace broke because it was one of my favorites, but I am so glad that I kept the beads, because these bobby pins I made out of them go with about everything! I simply cut off the extra metal with a pair of tweezers from each bead, then hot glue-gunned each bead onto a bobby pin! At first i was gluing the beads straight on, but after experimenting, I figured out that it works the best to slip a little piece of paper underneath the top part of the bobby pin, put a dab of glue on, then set the bead on top, pressing the paper against the underside of it. Another one that I made was the one with the ribbon that I wraped around the top part of the bobby pin while gluing it into place. I found the ribbon off a bag from my most recent Artizia purchase and I had nothing to do with the ribbon, but I thought it was just too cute to throw away-therefore using it to decorate my boring bobby pins. I think these pins were definitely the first of some summer crafts, so be prepared for other crafts that I accomplish while procrastinating on doing my summer reading and math packet :)
Xoxo
C

No comments: