Thursday, January 16, 2014

All hail queen Lena

You go, girl



In case you've been living under a rock for the past 24 hours, let me inform you that Lena Dunham (aka the genius behind the show Girls) made the cover of Vogue this month.  Not only does she look amazing on the cover, but her spread is breathtaking.  



As if that's not enough, Adam Driver (or as you know him as Adam on the show) is featured in almost every photo which allows the spread to depict their dysfunctional (and sex-filled) relationship shown on Girls.  There's a few reasons why I love this cover so much: 1. Lena's personality and humor is so relatable and refreshing and her photo's express that, 2. Her polka dot shirt/makeup/hair are on point as are the rest of her outfits in the spread (shout out to Annie Leibovitz for the photography), and 3. She's not known as a fashion model or a fashion icon; she's known for her brains, humor and having an insane personality and I love that Vogue is recognizing that.  I'm sorry, but I don't think I can think of anyone else who is so confident, comfortable, funny and able to rock Alexander Mcqueen, Celine and Dolce & Gabbona with curves as I can Lena.  Maybe I'm just a die-hard Girls fan or maybe Lena Dunhum is my "woman crush" for this Wednesday, but either way, there is no avoiding the fact that Vogue nailed this Issue.  (Photos belong to vogue.com). 






Rocking this Alexander McQueen dress and that pigeon on her head…need I say more?


 Wearing a Dolce & Gabbona dress


Obsessed with this Celine coat

No comments: