Saturday, April 2, 2011

Color block the rainbow

I love the idea of color blocking. It reminds me of being a little kid and wanting to incorporate every color of the rainbow in my daily outfit. I am SO happy that this trend is in, and I think it goes so well with the whole 70's glamour vibe for Spring 2011. H&M this spring has some new additions to the store and the blazer, shorts, and boxy dress (Austin Powers circa?) are perfect examples of color blocking. Jil Sander is basically the goddess of color blocking with her vibrant hues in the form of relaxed dresses or oversized coats. I LOVE the fact that every model is wearing bright pink lipstick as well, because that is one of my favorite accessories. Shoe-wise, Fendi and Pierre Hardy do a fabulous job this spring incorporating color blocking as well as the thick chunky heel trend into their sandals. Basically, heaven.


H&M:
this blazer with...
these pink shorts (ideally high waisted) and a simple white tshirt would be perfection.

Jil Sander:



NEED THIS


Pierre Hardy:







Fendi:




No comments: