Sunday, March 13, 2011

McQueen Fall 2011 RTW

"Burton wanted to remind the planet that she isn't channeling the McQueen DNA, she is the McQueen DNA."-Style.com

Like Style.com has said, Sarah Burton is what remains of McQueen. The Fall 2011 collection is just stunning. There are really no other words I can use to describe it. The whole collection consists mainly of black and white with a few grays and purples for kind of an icy snow queen vibe, which is genius. The shoes are beyond amazing, as usual (perhaps a new gaga shoe from this collection?). And rumor has it, Kate Middleton has already put dibs on a few of the dresses for possible wedding gowns. I DONT BLAME HER. Long story short, Sarah Burton is doing a fantastical job as the new designer and I feel like there will never be a point when she will disappoint.
Bravo.
xxx

If I was getting married tomorrow, I'd wear this
Or this
Or this.

I love love love the dark vibe to this dress. It reminds me of Black swan when Natalie Portman is being taken over by her "swan existence" within her. Now that I think about it, so much of this collection is reminiscent to Swan Lake in the sense of Black Swan and White Swan...and I love it.

I am actually dying, this collection is beyond beautiful

And I'd wear this to my wedding reception.









No comments: